E.L.U Equine Lovers Unite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Amersham Horses

3 posters

Go down

Amersham Horses Empty Amersham Horses

Post by squirrelann Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:01 am

I read that the guy was a meat dealer but surely if that was the case then he wouldn't have been starving them in fact quite the opposite the meat trade want animals which are well covered, so something doesn't ring true about the reports if he was a dealer surely the same would apply no one would have brought any of them, we also have several gypsy types around here, they wash their ponies in the river and all of them are in lovely condition also very well made, they deal amoungst themselves and know thier horses they may be rough people but I've seen more cases of cruelty and neglect amoung privately owned ponies/horses by so called horses lovers. We were at the New Forest sales ( on holiday ) and again they were all making far to much money for the meat men and were all nice ponies they are far more selective now about the stallions that they use and it was nice to see, plus because we had a wet summer last year they were all in good condition having had good grazing I was surprised how much they were making nothing went for less than 60guineas and they went up to 600g even the donkey foals made about 100 so maybe things are looking up all round.

squirrelann

Female Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2008-01-28

Back to top Go down

Amersham Horses Empty Re: Amersham Horses

Post by Sasca Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:51 am

The guy got them all from france and just collected them. He would bring them over and just leave them there. It was his 'hooby' if you like. He would sell some on etc but mainly just collected them. unfortunatly, when he went on his trip he didn't do anything for the ponies when he left. A few weeks before he was found out, he came back from one of his trips and found 27 dead. Idiot!!!
Sasca
Sasca

Female Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2007-12-16

Back to top Go down

Post by squirrelann Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:13 pm

Oh Thanks I didn't know that the mail gave the impression that these were british animals destined for the european meat market and that he'd been trading this way for some time, but I thought no meat man would want a skin and bones horse, can you bring them in from France then without the proper paperwork, I wouldn't have thought any of these had papers, don't they get checked at the ports?

squirrelann

Female Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2008-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:34 pm

Sad words cannot express my empathy towards the horses

Admin
Admin

Female Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2007-12-09

http://www.animalloversunite.co.uk